REPORT | Dulwich Hamlet vs Folkestone Invicta

REPORT | Dulwich Hamlet vs Folkestone Invicta

  • Competition: Isthmian Premier League

With kick-off underway at Champion Hill, it didn’t take Dulwich long to find their first in the game. A dangerous ball whipped into the penalty area by Krasniqi, dropped down and with not a single red and white shirt being able to clear, Michael Chambers with a marvellous move to turn and slot the ball bottom right and past Joe Colman. After just three minutes into the match, the Hamlet took an early lead.

Whilst Dulwich were looking for a second, Wanadio with a burst of energy down the right-hand side however Callum Davies and Folkestone skipper, there to clear away. After 10 minutes of play in South London, it was Dulwich Hamlet with the better opening, and a quicker start out the blocks in the Isthmian Premier midtable clash.

But inside the 15th minute of the game, an excellent passage of play from Folkestone and Ade Cole set Luke Holness through on goal; a one on one with the keeper, and the only thing stopping him. In what was his first professional appearance for the Hamlet, R’avan Constable was most indefinitely called into action following an astonishing shot-stopping save, got down quickly and parried away for what looked like a golden opportunity to make things level. Dulwich were caught lacking for the first time in the game, a swiftly attacking move but unable to convert for Folkestone and Luke Holness.

After what had been a stronger start by Dulwich Hamlet, the team kitted in pink and blue made sure to capitalise after 20 minutes of play. Anthony Jeffrey with what looked like a well-driven shot towards goal provoked a save yet attempted effort by Colman that perfectly dropped for the Hamlet number nine, and Mills was there at the keeper’s despair to head home for Dulwich’s second in the game.

Folkestone weren’t giving up that easy and hit back just three minutes after Dulwich’s two goal advantage. With the ball won down the left-hand side, Holness took it upon himself to drive into the box and poke the ball through in an attempt to pick out a red and white player. For Folkestone, luckily enough Kane Penn was there to fire home inside the 18-yard box, and pulling one back for the away side. In what had been only 30 minutes of play, we had a real game on our hands here.

With what would be the final 15 minutes of the first half, there was still more to come. Following Folkestone’s attempt to get back into the match, Heard hitting the bar with an exceptional effort, but with the woodwork coming to the rescue. The seasiders were so almost level in what could’ve been the score tied at 2-2. Would this go on to cost them?

Chance after chance for Dulwich and numerous amounted efforts finally lead to a third for the South-London based side. Three goals for the Hamlet and many thanks to assistance from Anthony Jeffrey, who with a perfectly picked out ball rolled across the box and finished superbly by Ryley Scott as he celebrated in front of the Rabble. Scott striking with confidence and into the top-left hand corner, well-worked, well-finished.

With the half-time whistle approaching, Dulwich were menacingly moving forward in pushing for a fourth, and a fairly dominating display going into the break. A four-goal thriller, Hamlet on top, and Folkestone Invicta having a lot to do in the second.


After nothing notable mentioning within the first 10 of the second, Dulwich Hamlet seemed to have a good grip on the game. In hunting for a fourth, Danny Mills’ effort just over the bar and into the Rabble crowd. Later on, a half-attempted effort cleared off the line by Toby Byron and Folkestone Invicta for what looked like another Dulwich goal.

Moments later and as we found ourselves minutes before the fourth-official’s added time left to play, Folkstone were shown red and subsequently down to 10 men. Things were getting worse for the travelling side, a crunching challenge from their captain, and Davies sent down the tunnel. Seemed as though that two-and half-hour journey just got longer for the seasiders in stripes, three points lost, three goals down and a three-game suspension for the skipper. Safe to say it’s been a tough afternoon for Folkestone fans.

With both Danny Mills and Ryley Scott insanely close to having two between them, Invicta’s keeper Joe Colman was there to stop salt being added to the already occurring Folkestone wounds- as the game was closing in after four additional minutes.


Hakan’s happy Hamlet up to 11th in the Isthmian Premier Division. A rampant display from Dulwich at Champion Hill this afternoon, flattens faltered Folkestone in what was a four-goal thriller after a significant amount of goals in a predominantly first-half performance.



Champion Hill Stadium,
Edgar Kail Way,
East Dulwich,
SE22 8BD.


Privacy Policy
Cookie Policy

Follow us